On episode 368, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Ivey West (@Dorv) to talk some cancelation and renewal news and then discuss recent episodes of The 100, Chicago Justice, The Handmaid's Tale, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Riverdale. Plus, a brief reality check and a TV recommendation at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following five TV news stories:
- Frequency, No Tomorrow Canceled at The CW
- FOX's Pitch Cancelled After One Season
- Emerald City Canceled By NBC After One Season
- 13 Reasons Why Renewed for a Second Season at Netflix
- Not a Drill: Psych: The Movie Is Coming to USA Network This December
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – S.4 Ep.20, “Farewell, Cruel World!” (00:15:48)
- The Handmaid's Tale – S.1 Ep.4, “Nolite Te Bastardes Carborundorum” (00:29:40)
- The 100 – S.4 Ep.10, “Die All, Die Merrily” (00:42:00)
- Riverdale – S.1 Ep.12, “Anatomy of a Murder” (00:50:31)
- Chicago Justice – S.1 Ep.12, “Fool Me Twice” (00:59:07) – This turned into a larger discussion of the Chicago show universe.
Amrie's Reality Check (01:08:35)
Amrie briefly talked about Survivor, The Amazing Race and MasterChef Junior.
TV Recommendation (01:12:19)
- Ivey recommended Netflix's Sense8.
What did you think about the Framework storyline on ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Where you as upset with Clarke on The CW's The 100 as Amrie was? Did you watch any of NBC's Chicago shows? Are you watching Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale? Do you like The CW's Riverdale as much as we are? Did you enjoy this week's discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.