On episode 355, Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) are joined by Kyle Nolan (@kyool) from NoReruns.net (@NoReruns) to talk some renewal news and then discuss the series premiere of Riverdale, the second season premiere of The Magicians, the first season finale of Sweet/Vicious, and recent episodes of Arrow and The Flash. Plus, some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following seven TV news stories:
- The Middle Renewed for Season 9
- Mozart In The Jungle Renewed For Season 4; Red Oaks For Third & Final Season By Amazon
- Bravo Media Renews Top Chef for Season 15 and Sets Out on a Nationwide Call for Chefs
- Ginormous Food: Food Network Orders Seconds of Dining Series
- Freeform Orders Additional Episodes of Young & Hungry
- NBC renews acclaimed fantasy sitcom The Good Place for Season 2
- TNT Renews The Librarians for Season 4
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- The Flash – S.3 Ep.10, “Borrowing Problems From the Future” (00:09:10)
- Sweet/Vicious – S.1 Ep.9, “An Innocent Man,” & Ep.10, “Pure Heroine” (Season Finale) (00:22:21)
- Arrow – S.5 Ep.10, “Who Are You?” (00:41:28)
- The Magicians – S.2 Ep.1, “Knight of Crowns” (Season Premiere) (00:52:09)
- Riverdale – S.1 Ep.1, “Chapter One: The River's Edge” (Series Premiere) (00:58:21)
TV Recommendations (01:16:56)
- Jason recommended FOX's 24: Legacy, which premieres Sunday, February 5th following Super Bowl LI.
- Kyle recommended Mr. Robot: Red Wheelbarrow: (eps1.91_redwheelbarr0w.txt) – Get it via Amazon/Audible/Kindle or iTunes.
- Rae recommended InstantWatcher.com, which helps you better find if something is available on Amazon Prime Video and/or Netflix at the same time.
What do you think of where The CW's Arrow and The Flash are headed? Did you watch MTV's Sweet/Vicious? Have you jumped onboard Syfy's The Magicians? What did you think about the series premiere of The CW's Riverdale? Did you enjoy this week's discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.