On episode 334, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Tom Gardiner (@Thogar) from ThreeIfBySpace.net to talk some renewal news and then discuss recent episodes of Baby Daddy, Dark Matter, Killjoys and Young & Hungry. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following three TV news stories:
- ABC Renews Celebrity Family Feud, Pyramid, Match Game & To Tell The Truth -TCA
- USA Network Renews Suits for Season 7
- Hulu goes subscription-only by moving its free stuff to Yahoo
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following four TV shows:
- Young & Hungry – S.4 Ep.10, “Young & Screwed” (Season Finale) (00:04:14)
- Baby Daddy – S.5 Ep.20, “My Fair Emma” (Season Finale) (00:06:44)
- Killjoys – S.2 Ep.6, “I Love Lucy” (00:10:10)
- Dark Matter – S.2 Ep.6, “WE Should Have Seen This Coming” (00:18:55)
Amrie's Reality Check (00:37:14)
Amrie and Jason talked a bit about the Food Network Star season finale and Amrie talked a little about NBC's Olympics 2016 coverage. This also turned into us talking about being behind on so many TV shows and what we have been keeping up with though since we got back from Comic-Con.
TV Recommendations (00:43:52)
- Amrie recommended Hulu's 11.22.63, which hit Blu-ray/DVD on Tuesday, August 9th – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD, Hulu or iTunes. Also, check out the 11.22.63 Podcast that Jason mentioned on the podcast.
- Jason recommended CBS/The CW's Supergirl, which hit Blu-ray/DVD on Tuesday, August 9th – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD, iTunes or Netflix DVD.
- Tom recommended Netflix's Stranger Things, which we will be talking about next week on TVx3 Ep.335.
Do you enjoy Syfy's Dark Matter and Killjoys or are you a fan of only one or the other? Did you like where they left things on Freeform's Baby Daddy and Young & Hungry? Did you enjoy this week's guest? Is there a show you'd like us to talk about? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.