On episode 322, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Ivey West (@Dorv) to talk some renewal news and then discuss recent episodes of 12 Monkeys, The Catch, Silicon Valley and Quantico and the series finale of The Good Wife. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following TV news story:
- Criminal Minds Renewed for Season 12
- The above also turned into some talk of next week's Upfronts, which then turned into a brief discussion of limited series as opposed to calling something a miniseries.
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- 12 Monkeys – S.2 Ep.3, “One Hundred Years” (00:05:55)
- The Catch – S.1 Ep.7, “The Ringer” (00:16:24)
- The Good Wife – S.7 Ep.22, “End” (Series Finale) (00:24:17)
- Silicon Valley – S.3 Ep.3, “Meinertzhagen's Haversack” (00:41:03)
- Quantico – S.1 Ep.21, “Closure” (00:53:25)
Amrie's Reality Check (01:04:28)
Amrie briefly talked about Survivor, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars and Food Network Star.
TV Recommendations (01:06:54)
- Amrie recommended Netflix's Grace & Frankie.
- Jason recommended Syfy's Killjoys again – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD or iTunes.
- Ivey recommended Cinemax's Banshee – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video/Prime, Blu-ray, DVD or iTunes.
Are you enjoying Syfy's 12 Monkeys as much as Jason and Ivey are? Would you be disappointed if ABC's The Catch gets cancelled? Do you agree with Amrie that HBO's Silicon Valley is the best comedy out there right now? Do you think ABC's Quantico is as dumb as we do? What did you think of the series finale of CBS' The Good Wife? Did you enjoy this week's episode? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.