On episode 320, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by listener Suky Khakh (@Cyberman_151) to talk some renewal news and then discuss the first season finales of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Supergirl, the third season finale of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, part one of the first season finale of Limitless and the miniseries premiere of The Night Manager. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following three TV news stories:
- Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley and Veep Renewed at HBO
- The Shannara Chronicles Renewed For Season 2 By MTV
- Pearl Mackie revealed as new Doctor Who companion in season 10 teaser: everything you need to know
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend – S.1 Ep.18, “Paula Needs to Get Over Josh!” (Season Finale) (00:09:16)
- Supergirl – S.1 Ep.20, “Better Angels” (Season Finale) (00:21:45)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine – S.3 Ep.23, “Greg and Larry” (Season Finale) (00:43:47)
- Limitless – S.1 Ep.21, “Finale: Part One!” (00:51:43)
- The Night Manager – Ep.1, “Episode 1” (Miniseries Premiere) (01:04:40)
Amrie's Reality Check (01:12:08)
Amrie briefly talked about recent episodes of The Amazing Race, Project Runway and Survivor and then we all talked a bit about what types of non-scripted shows we watch.
TV Recommendations (01:18:52)
- Amrie recommended Netflix's The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
- Jason recommended Airwolf – Watch episodes via Blu-ray, DVD, Hulu or Netflix.
- Suky recommended the book You and Who Else.
What did you think of the first season finale of The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? Did you enjoy the first season finale of CBS' Supergirl? Do you like FOX's Brooklyn Nine-Nine as much as we do? Do you hope CBS' Limitless gets a second season too? Will you be watching AMC's The Night Manager? Did you enjoy this week's episode? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.