On episode 291, Amrie (@mytakeontv), Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) talk a little bit about this being their seventh anniversary episode, introduce Jason’s new podcast and then preview the NBC Fall TV Schedule followed by a discussion of the ninth season premiere of Doctor Who. Plus, some TV recommendations and your questions answered at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following:
- Jason introduced his new podcast, theTVaholic Previews…
NBC Fall TV Preview 2015 (00:06:22)
We went over the 2015 NBC Fall TV schedule and gave premiere dates for new and returning shows and then previewed the new shows that we’ve seen ahead of time.
- Sunday – Sunday Night Football. (00:06:40)
- Monday – New show Blindspot and returning show The Voice. (00:07:22)
- Tuesday – New shows Best Time Ever With Neal Patrick Harris and Chicago Med and returning shows Chicago Fire and The Voice. (00:16:02)
- Wednesday – Returning shows The Mysteries of Laura, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Chicago P.D.. (00:22:13)
- Thursday – New shows Heroes Reborn and The Player and returning show The Blacklist. (00:25:50)
- Friday – New show Truth Be Told and returning shows Undateable, Grimm and Dateline NBC. (00:41:26)
- Saturday – Returning shows Dateline NBC and Saturday Night Live: Classics. (00:47:09)
- Overall Thoughts – (00:47:30)
Rae’s Fall TV Roundup (0:48:43)
Rae went over what new fall shows from all the networks have caught her attention.
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following TV show:
- Doctor Who – S.9 Ep.1, “The Magician’s Apprentice” (Season Premiere) (00:55:20)
TV Recommendations (01:04:08)
- Amrie recommended Hulu’s Casual, which premieres on Wednesday, October 7th – Watch on Hulu.
- Jason recommended The CW’s The Flash – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD or iTunes.
- Rae recommended The CW’s The 100 – Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD, iTunes or Netflix.
Listener Feedback Q&A (01:12:50)
Carl (@MyVogonPoetry) tweeted in his congratulations on seven years and that he has been listening since the beginning and then asked: What do you enjoy most about TV criticism and podcasting and what do you dislike?
Chris and Sam used the contact form to congratulate TVx3 on seven years. Chris hasn’t missed an episode and Sam has been listening for quite some time as well. Chris then asked: What changes, if any, we would have made in the beginning based on what we know now? And, what shows were you surprised were big hits or didn’t pan out like you thought would have been big?
Did you watch the ninth season premiere of BBC America’s Doctor Who? What new and/or returning shows are you most looking forward to from NBC? Did you enjoy this week’s discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.