On episode 278, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Emma Loggins (@emmaloggins) of FanBolt.com (@fanbolt) and Kyle Nolan (@kyool) from NoReruns.net (@NoReruns) to talk some cancellation and renewal news and then recap our adventures attending the ATX Television Festival Season 4. Plus, some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following three TV news stories:
- Childrens Hospital Renewed For Season 7 By Adult Swim
- Netflix Saves Us Yet Again and Picks Up Degrassi! But Who's in It?
- Showtime Goes Over-the-Top: Streaming Service to Launch First on Apple Devices
ATX Television Festival Season 4 Recap (00:05:30)
We each talked about what we did each day at ATX Television Festival Season 4 in Austin, TX. We went over what panels we attended and pointed out our favorite moments throughout the weekend, including some of the best things we ate. We talked a little about the festivals growing pains in its fourth year, but overall how we had a great time and intend on going back for Season 5 next June.
Shows we talked a bit about include upcoming series Complications on USA Network and Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll on FX, present series Brooklyn Nine-Nine on FOX and Suits on USA Netowrks, a couple of cancelled too soon shows like Boomtown and Journeyman, and many others.
We also talked about panels we attended regarding TV testing and focus groups, adapting books and movies into TV series, TV criticism, directing and many others.
TV Recommendations (01:04:20)
- Jason reiterated his pick from the last couple weeks, Syfy’s Killjoys, which premieres Friday, June 19th – Official Site
- Emma recommended TV Land’s just concluded Younger – Official Site
- Kyle recommended FX’s upcoming Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, which premieres Thursday, July 16th – Official Site
Are you going to check out USA Network’s Complications? Are you going to check out Syfy’s Killjoys? Did you love TV Land’s Younger as much as Emma did? Did you enjoy this week’s guests? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.