On episode 260, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Carla Day (@CarlaDay) of BuddyTV and TV Diehard (@TVDiehard) and Darrell Darnell (@Mardarrell) from Golden Spiral Media (@GSMPodcasts) to talk about some news, discuss our favorite and least favorite Super Bowl XLIV ads and then talk about recent episodes of Person of Interest, Gotham, The Flash and 12 Monkeys. Plus, some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following three TV news stories:
- HBO's Togetherness Renewed for Second Season
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Comedy Benched Cancelled By USA
Top 3 Super Bowl XLIX Commercials (00:03:01)
We each picked our top three favorite commercials from Super Bowl XLIX and then each gave our least favorite. We closed out the segment by talking about the ads for some of the upcoming blockbuster movies that were shown during the game.
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following four TV shows:
- Person of Interest – S.4 Ep.10, “The Cold War,” Ep.11, “If-Then-Else,” & Ep.12, “Control-Alt-Delete” (00:32:14)
- Gotham – S.1 Ep.13, “Welcome Back, Jim Gordon” (00:48:21)
- The Flash – S.1 Ep.11, “The Sound and the Fury” (01:01:26)
- 12 Monkeys – S.1 Ep.3, “Cassandra Complex” (01:09:06)
TV Recommendations (01:20:48)
- Jason recommended Empire – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Instant Video, Hulu or iTunes.
- Carla recommended The 100 – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Instant Video (S.1-2), Blu-ray (S.1), DVD (S.1), iTunes (S.1-2) and Netflix (S.1).
- Darrell recommended 12 Monkeys – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Instant Video, Hulu or iTunes.
What did you think about the “Trilogy” episodes of CBS’ Person of Interest? Are you still on board with FOX’s Gotham? Were you as confused by what happened on The CW’s The Flash as Jason was? Have you been watching Syfy’s 12 Monkeys? What did you think of this week’s guests? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.