On episode 183, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Danielle Turchiano (@danielletbd) of LA Examiner and Made Possible By Pop Culture and the author of My Life, Made Possible by Pop Culture to preview the 2013-14 TV season and discuss recent episodes of Awkward., Hannibal, the first season finale of Orphan Black and the third season premiere of The Killing. Plus, some TV on DVD picks. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We talked about the following three TV news story:
- Melissa & Joey Renewed for 4th Season by ABC Family
- NBC Renews Hannibal for Second Season
- Amazon picks up Alpha House with John Goodman, Betas, 3 children's shows
5 Questions About the 2013-14 TV Season (00:07:15)
After having watched most of the new Fall 2013 and Midseason 2014 shows that were recently announced by ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX and NBC, we each answered the following five questions about which ones we liked and which ones we didn’t.
- Top 5 Fall 2013 Shows you’ve seen?
- Bottom 3 Fall 2013 Shows you’ve seen?
- Top 3 Midseason 2014 shows you’ve seen?
- Bottom 1 Midseason 2014 show you’ve seen?
- Of the Fall2013/Midseason2014 shows you haven’t seen yet, which one do you most want to see?
We talked about the following four TV shows:
- Awkward. – S.3 Ep.8, “Rubbed Raw and Reeling” (00:50:30)
- Hannibal – S.1 Ep.11, “Buffet Froid” (00:56:13)
- Orphan Black – S.1 Ep.10, “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” (Season Finale) (01:03:12)
- The Killing – S.3 Ep.1, “The Jungle,” and Ep.2, “That You Fear the Most” (01:15:10)
TV on DVD Picks for Tuesday, June 11th (01:22:07)
Amrie and Jason picked Wedding Band: The Complete First Season. Enter to win a copy of Wedding Band at TVaholic.com. Enter by Saturday, June 22nd, 2013.
Danielle mentioned Necessary Roughness: Season Two and House of Cards: The Complete First Season.
What Fall 2013 TV shows are you most looking forward to watching? What about Midseason 2014 shows? Have you been watching Hannibal or Orphan Black? What do you think of this season of Awkward.? What did you think about this week’s guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.