On episode 358, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Kyle Nolan (@kyool) from NoReruns.net (@NoReruns) to talk some renewal news and then discuss the series premieres of Big Little Lies, Doubt and The Good Fight, and a recent episodes of Imposters and Legion. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following five TV news stories:
- Goliath Renewed for Season 2, Names Dexter EP as New Showrunner
- Tangled: The Series Gets Early Season 2 Renewal at Disney Channel
- E! Renews The Royals for Season 4
- MasterChef Renewed For Season 8
- Superstore Renewed for Season 3 at NBC
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Imposters – S.1 Ep.2, “My Ball, Dickhead” (00:05:00)
- Legion – S.1 Ep.2, “Chapter 2” (00:18:33)
- Doubt – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (Series Premiere) (00:29:14)
- The Good Fight – S.1 Ep.1, “Inauguration,” (Series Premiere) & Ep.2, “First Week” (00:38:28)
- Big Little Lies – S.1 Ep.1, “Somebody's Dead” (Series Premiere) (00:53:53)
Amrie's Reality Check (01:04:55)
Amrie and Kyle briefly talked about Top Chef, MasterChef Junior, Project Runway Junior and Hunted.
TV Recommendations (01:12:21)
- Amrie recommended CBS All Access' The Good Fight, which premiered Sunday, February 19th, and The CW's The 100 – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD, iTunes or Netflix.
- Jason recommended Bravo's Imposters, which premiered Tuesday, February 7th, and The CW's iZombie – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, DVD, iTunes or Netflix.
- Kyle recommended ABC's Time After Time, which premieres on Sunday, March 5th.
Do you know what is happening on FX's Legion? Are you going to check out Bravo's Imposters? Did you like CBS All Access' The Good Fight as much as we did? Will you be keeping track of HBO's Big Little Lies? Did you watch CBS' Doubt before it was gone? Did you enjoy this week's discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.