On episode 357, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Claire Gendel (@Clairetastic) from TVwithaTwist.com and Kyle Nolan (@kyool) from NoReruns.net (@NoReruns) to talk some cancelation and renewal news and then discuss the series premieres of APB and Legion, and a recent episodes of The 100, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Riverdale. Plus, some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following 10 TV news stories:
- ABC's Shondaland TGIT Dramas Grey's Anatomy, Scandal & HTGAWM Renewed
- Cartoon Network Renews Mighty Magiswords for Season 2
- Elena of Avalor Renewed for Season 3 on Disney Channel
- Lucifer Renewed for Season 3 at FOX
- MasterChef Junior: Season Six Renewal for FOX Series
- Mary + Jane and Loosely Exactly Nicole – Cancelled by MTV
- Netflix renews The OA and Love
- Travelers, Starring Eric McCormack, Renewed for Second Season at Netflix
- Trollhunters Renewed at Netflix! Guillermo del Toro Teases Season 2 Cast and Characters
- Channel Zero renewed for two more freaky seasons at Syfy
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- APB – S.1 Ep.1, “Hard Reset” (Series Premiere) (00:17:14)
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – S.4 Ep.13, “Boom” (00:27:21)
- The 100 – S.4 Ep.2, “Heavy Lies the Crown” (00:40:58)
- Legion – S.1 Ep.1, “Chapter 1” (Series Premiere) (00:52:20)
- Riverdale – S.1 Ep.3, “Chapter Three: Body Double” (01:01:36)
TV Recommendations (01:20:17)
- Jason recommended Bravo's Imposters, which premiered Tuesday, February 7th.
- Claire recommended CBS All Access' The Good Fight, which premiered Sunday, February 19th.
- Kyle recommended Netflix's Santa Clarita Diet, which dropped on Friday, February 3rd.
Will you be watching FOX's APB? Are you still watching ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Are you liking The CW's The 100 this season? Do you have any idea what is going on in FX's Legion? Is The CW's Riverdale the show you didn't know you needed? Did you enjoy this week's discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.