On episode 356, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Ivey West (@Dorv) to talk a little renewal news and then discuss our favorite commercials from Super Bowl LI, the series premiere of 24: Legacy, the second season premiere of The Expanse, and a recent episode of The Magicians. Plus, a very brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following TV news story:
Super Bowl Ads 2017 & More (00:02:30)
We talked a bit about the big game and then each gave our top three picks for favorite commercials.
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following three TV shows:
- The Magicians – S.2 Ep.2, “Hotel Spa Potions” (00:14:23)
- The Expanse – S.2 Ep.1, “Safe,” & Ep.2, “Doors & Corners” (Season Premiere) (00:26:52)
- 24: Legacy – S.1 Ep.1, “12:00 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.” (Series Premiere) (00:40:16)
Amrie's Reality Check (00:50:04)
Amrie briefly talked about the latest season of Top Chef.
TV Recommendations (00:51:05)
- Amrie recommended DirecTV/U-Verse Audience's Kingdom – Official Site – Season 1 is available on DVD.
- Jason recommended AMC's HUMANS, which premieres Season 2 on Monday, February 13th – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video/Prime, Blu-ray, DVD or iTunes.
- Ivey recommended reading The Handmaid's Tale – Read via Amazon/Audible/Kindle, iBooks or iTunes Audio Book, The Expanse – Read via Amazon/Audible/Kindle, iBooks or iTunes Audio Book and The Magicians – Read via Amazon/Audible/Kindle, iBooks or iTunes Audio Book.
Do you like Syfy's The Magicians as much as we do? Have you jumped onboard Syfy's The Expanse? Did you watch the series premiere of FOX's 24: Legacy? Did you enjoy this week's discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.