On episode 354, Amrie (@mytakeontv), Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) talk some renewal news and then discuss the first season finale of The Good Place, the third season finale of The Librarians, and recent episodes of Schitt's Creek, Sweet/Vicious and Timeless. Plus, a brief reality check and some TV recommendations at the end. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following five TV news stories:
- Sneaky Pete: Bryan Cranston Drama Series Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- NBCUniversal to Shut Down Esquire Network Cable Channel, Relaunch Brand as Digital Platform (EXCLUSIVE)
- This Is Us Renewed for Seasons 2 and 3
- NBC Orders 20 More The Wall Episodes
- Jerry Seinfeld Teams With Netflix for Two Stand-Up Specials, More Comedians in Cars
We used the specific episodes listed below as a jumping off point to discuss the following five TV shows:
- Timeless – S.1 Ep.11, “The World's Columbian Exposition” (00:05:40)
- Sweet/Vicious – S.1 Ep.8, “Back to Black” (00:11:49)
- Schitt's Creek – S.3 Ep.2, “The Throuple” (00:27:07)
- The Good Place – S.1 Ep.12, “Mindy St. Claire,” & Ep.13, “Michael's Gambit” (Season Finale) (00:33:51)
- The Librarians – S.3 Ep.10, “And the Wrath of Chaos” (Season Finale) (00:45:25)
Amrie's Reality Check (00:54:30)
Amrie briefly talked about Hell's Kitchen, Project Runway Junior, Top Chef and Hunted.
TV Recommendations (00:58:40)
- Amrie recommended Syfy's The Magicians – Official Site – Watch episodes via Amazon Video, Blu-ray, DVD, iTunes or Netflix. Season two premieres on Wednesday, January 25th.
- Jason recommended NBC's Powerless, which premieres Thursday, February 2nd following Superstore.
Are you enjoying NBC's Timeless as much as Amrie and Jason are? Are you watching MTV's Sweet/Vicious? Do you like Pop's Schitt's Creek as much as Amrie and Rae do? What did you think about the twist on NBC's The Good Place? Would you like to see more of TNT's The Librarians? Did you enjoy this week's discussion? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.