On episode 215, Amrie (@mytakeontv), Jason (@theTVaholic) and Rae (@raelee) talk some TV news, preview the 2014 Spring TV Schedule and discuss recent episodes of Castle and About a Boy. Plus, a reality check and a TV on DVD pick. (Start times of each segment/topic)
We briefly talked about the following three TV news stories:
- It’s Official: HBO’s Getting On Gets Second-Season Renewal
- NBC Announces Heroes Reborn Miniseries for 2015 Premiere and Releases Teaser Trailer
- Showtime renews Shameless & House of Lies
Spring TV Preview 2014 (00:06:59)
We went over the TV schedule and gave premiere dates for new and returning shows for Spring 2014 and then talked about which ones we are most looking forward to and previewed the ones we’ve seen ahead of time. The shows listed for each day below are the ones we talked the most about.
- Sunday – New shows Believe, Crisis and Resurrection and returning shows Drop Dead Diva and Game of Thrones. (00:07:52)
- Monday – New shows Star-Crossed and Friends With Better Lives and returning shows Bones and Dallas. (00:18:32)
- Tuesday – New shows Mind Games and Fargo and returning shows Awkward. and Perception. (00:26:37)
- Wednesday – New shows The 100 and Mixology and returning shows The Americans and Psych. (00:36:05)
- Thursday – New shows Bad Teacher, Saint George, Sirens and Surviving Jack and returning shows Suits and Vikings. (00:45:57)
- Friday – Returning shows Hannibal and Unforgettable. (00:52:18)
- Saturday – Returning show Orphan Black. (00:55:14)
We talked about the following two TV shows:
- Castle – S.6 Ep.15, “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (00:57:45)
- About a Boy – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (Series Premiere) (01:03:01)
Amrie’s Reality Check (01:08:55)
Amrie and Rae talked a little bit about the Winter Olympics and the 24th season premiere of The Amazing Race.
TV on DVD Pick for Releases on Tuesday, March 4th (01:15:59)
Jason picked Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor.
What new or returning show for Spring TV 2014 are you most looking forward to? What did you think of the About a Boy series premiere? What do you think of the Beckett and Castle relationship stuff on ABC’s Castle? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.