On episode 195, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Curt Wagner (@ShowPatrol) of ShowPatrolTV.com to talk about some TV news, preview the NBC Fall TV Schedule and discuss recent episodes of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Strike Back. Plus, a reality check and some TV on DVD picks. (Start times of each segment)
We talked about the following TV news story:
NBC Fall TV Preview (00:03:19)
We talked about the 2013 NBC Fall TV Schedule starting with Sunday and moving through to Saturday and gave premiere dates. Having screened all of NBC’s new shows for fall, our discussion tended to focus on them. But, we also talked about what we hope to see from some of their returning shows.
- Sunday – We mentioned the return of Sunday Night Football. (00:03:43)
- Monday – We mentioned the return of The Voice and then discussed new show The Blacklist. (00:04:24)
- Tuesday – We mentioned returning shows The Biggest Loser and The Voice and talked a bit about returning show Chicago Fire on its new night. (00:09:38)
- Wednesday – We talked about the return of Revolution on its new night, mentioned returning show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and then discussed new show Ironside. (00:14:10)
- Thursday – We talked about NBC’s two-hour comedy block, which included mentioning returning show Parks & Recreation and discussing their new comedies Welcome to the Family, Sean Saves the World and The Michael J. Fox Show and then mentioned returning show Parenthood on its new night. (00:24:04)
- Friday – We mentioned returning shows Dateline NBC and Grimm and talked about new show Dracula. (00:35:47)
- Saturday – Mentioned they will be showing repeats. (00:42:10)
- Overall Thoughts – We talked some about the NBC Fall TV Schedule as a whole. (00:43:49)
- CBS Midseason Shows – We mentioned Crossbones and Growing Up Fisher and talked a bit about dramas Believe and Crisis and comedy About a Boy. (00:46:33)
We talked about the following two TV shows:
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – S.9 Ep.1, “The Gang Broke Dee” (Season Premiere) (00:52:33)
- Strike Back – S.3 Ep.4, “Episode 4” (00:56:04)
Amrie’s Reality Check (01:04:57)
Amrie gave some brief comments on America’s Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance and MasterChef and then Jason joined her to talk about The Great Food Truck Race.
TV on DVD Picks for Releases on Tuesday, September 17th (01:11:28)
We all picked Arrow: The Complete First Season.
Amrie also picked Grimm: Season Two, The Mentalist: The Complete Fifth Season and Nashville: The Complete First Season.
Jason also picked Leverage: Season 5.
Curt also mentioned Foyle’s War: Set Seven, which comes out on Sept. 24th and AcornOnline.com for British TV.
What NBC TV shows are you looking forward to this fall? Have you been watching Strike Back? What do you think about It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia? What did you think about this week’s guest? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.