On episode 160, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Amy Amatangelo (@AmyTVGal) from TVGal.com to discuss some TV news and recent episodes of Raising Hope, New Girl, Parenthood, The Good Wife, and Homeland. Plus, a reality check and some TV on DVD picks. (Start times of each segment/topic)
Get to Know the Guest (00:01:01)
We asked Amy to talk a little bit about her background as a TV critic and what show/s first got her really interested in TV?
We talked about the following five news stories:
- Downton Abbey Renewed for Season 4
- Merlin canceled after Series 5: Watch the final season on Syfy in January
- Starz Cancels Boss
- Exclusive: Last Resort, 666 Park Avenue Tweaking Final Episodes to Give Fans Closure
- Exclusive: Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel Officially Join Girl Meets World Pilot
We talked about the following five shows:
- Raising Hope – S.3 Ep.7, “Candy Wars” (00:12:00)
- New Girl – S.2 Ep.8, “Parents” (00:17:34)
- Parenthood – S.4 Ep.8, “One More Weekend With You” (00:23:45)
- The Good Wife – S.4 Ep.9, “A Defense of Marriage” (00:33:51)
- Homeland – S.2 Ep.9, “Two Hats” (00:47:00)
Amrie’s Reality Check (00:59:22)
Amrie briefly touched on America’s Next Top Model, The Amazing Race and Survivor.
TV on DVD Picks for Releases on Tuesday, December 4th (01:03:45)
- Amrie picked Angry Boys.
- Jason picked Men of a Certain Age: Season Two.
- Amy picked The Game: The Fifth Season.
What do you think of the second season of New Girl so far? Do you watch Parenthood? Do you love Raising Hope as much as we do? How do you think the second season of Homeland will end? What did you think of this week’s guest? Got any questions for us? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.