On Episode 142, Amrie (@mytakeontv) and Jason (@theTVaholic) are joined by Sandrine Sahakians (@sosandrine) from TVEquals.com (@tvequals) to cover some TV cancellations and renewals, preview Comic-Con 2012, discuss recent episodes of Bunheads, Saving Hope and Awkward., check in with some reality shows, and make some TV on DVD picks.
We talked about the following seven news stories:
- ABC Renews Rookie Blue for Season 4
- A&E Renews Western Longmire for Second Season
- CBS un-cancels Unforgettable
- HBO Renews The Newsroom, True Blood…and Eastbound and Down
- Dexter Ending After Season 8: Executive Producer Sara Colleton Confirms It's Definite
- TBS Renews Men At Work for Season 2
- TNT Renews Dallas and Rizzoli & Isles
Comic-Con Preview 2012 (00:10:52)
We answered the following four questions about San Diego Comic-Con 2012:
- What panels/pressrooms/shows are you most looking forward to each day?
- What other events/things are you looking forward to during Comic-Con?
- What smaller TV related panels would you recommend?
- What one tip would you give a Comic-Con newbie?
We talked about the following three shows from the week of Monday, June 25th thru Sunday, July 1st:
- Bunheads – S.1 Ep.3, “Inherit the Wind” (00:38:36)
- Saving Hope – S.1 thus far (00:41:14)
- Awkward. – S.2 Ep.1, “Resolutions” (Season Premiere) (00:45:17)
Amrie’s Reality Check (00:49:25)
Amrie talked a little about Around the World in 80 Plates, Design Star, The Next Food Network Star, and Beverly Hills Nannies.
TV on DVD Picks for Releases on Tuesday, July 10th (00:51:26)
Closing Remarks (00:52:45)
We talked a little bit about the upcoming schedule for the podcast with at least one week off for Comic-Con and you may want to stay tuned for the outtakes after the closing music.
Are you going to Comic-Con 2012? What are you looking forward to seeing there? Are you still enjoying Bunheads? What about the season two premiere of Awkward.? What do you think about Saving Hope? Let us know what you think in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter, or Like us on Facebook.