On Episode 131, Jason (@theTVaholic) is joined by Cory Barker (@corybarker) of the TV Surveillance Blog & Podcast and Todd VanDerWerff (@tvoti) of the TV on the Internet Podcast and TV Editor at The A.V. Club to talk about a couple renewals news items and then discuss the series premieres of ABC’s Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 and HBO’s Girls, the third season finale of FX’s Justified, and recent episodes of Suburgatory, Fringe and Mad Men.
Get to Know the Guest TV Podcasters (00:01:26)
Cory and Todd each talked a bit about how they got started writing and podcasting about TV and why they do so.
TV News (00:04:06)
We talked about the following two news stories:
- FOX Renews Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen for Two More Seasons
- FOX Pulls Breaking In Off The Schedule
We talked about the following six shows from the week of Monday, April 9th thru Sunday, April 15th:
- Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (Series Premiere) (00:09:04)
- Justified – S.3 Ep.13, “Slaughterhouse” (Season Finale) (00:15:36) – Here is Part 1 of the interview with Graham Yost that Todd mentioned.
- Suburgatory – S.1 Ep.18, “Down Time” (00:28:48)
- Fringe – S.4 Ep.18, “The Consultant” (00:36:53)
- Mad Men – S.5 Ep.5, “Signal 30” (00:49:59)
- Girls – S.1 Ep.1, “Pilot” (Series Premiere) (01:03:28)
Closing Remarks (01:18:34)
Thanked Cory and Todd for joining us and closed out the show.
What did you think about the series premiere of HBO’s Girls? What about the Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 series premiere? Did you enjoy the third season finale of Justified? Have you been watching Suburgatory? Do you think Fringe will get another season? What did you think of this week’s guests? Let us know in the comments, send us an eMail, connect via Twitter @TVtimesThree, or Like us on Facebook.